January 23rd, 2024 @ 8:00 PM
National Arts Centre, Southam Hall
tickets from $56
DRUM TAO was established in 1993 with the dream of creating the best show in the world using “Wadaiko”(Japanese drums), an instrument which has a very rare and unique variety of sound expressions. DRUM TAO, based in Oita, Japan, started creating their own music, stage set-ups, and costumes to produce their unique brand of entertainment. Many talented artists gathered to contribute to this creation from all over the world, resulting in peerless and modern Japanese entertainment.
More info and tickets: Drum Tao | Tue, Jan 23, 2024, 8:00 pm | Southam Hall | National Arts Centre (nac-cna.ca)
You are cordially invited to the annual used goods sale at Mochitsuki on Sunday, December 10th in Preston Event Centre. 523 St. Anthony Street Ottawa, ON K1R 6Z9
Please be informed that all proceeds go to the operation fund for the OJCA and OJCC. We appreciate if you could kindly deliver all donating items from your home to the 2nd floor of the event hall on the event day between 11:30am and 1:00pm. Or if it is possible please drop them off at OJCC culture centre on Saturday December 9th between 11:00am and 3:00pm.
Notice the following rules applied to all donating items:
- Donations can be household items, toys, books, cloths, kitchenware, ornaments, knick-knacks etc. They do not have to be Japanese goods or Japan related products although they will be much appreciated.
- All items must be usable and clean. Clothing must be washed or dry-clean before the sale. Electronic items must be operable condition.
- Any used medicine, cosmetics, broken machinery, and unsanitary items will NOT be accepted as sales items. If the donated goods are not in fair condition, they may be rejected or discarded immediately.
- All proceeds are considered as donations. No money or other value will be returned to contributors.
- At the end of the event, all unsold items will be donated to the Ottawa Salvation Army or equivalent rescue organization, unless otherwise informed or retrieved by owners. If an owner of items prefers to retrieve unsold items at the end of the event, s/he should notify the organizer before dropping off and take responsibility for retrieving the items on time.
Buyers’ responsibility: ALL Sales are FINAL at this sale. Neither refund nor exchange after the event day will be arranged. Buyers must make sure to check the working condition of your item at the site and that all goods are satisfactory for you before purchasing.
Your support is greatly appreciated. This is a great opportunity to reuse/recycle/rejoice! If you have any questions/comments, please contact below. Looking forward to your participation!
For more information about Mochitsuki event, please refer to our website.
Organizer of OJCC Used goods sale
(Image by Alex Quezada)
Get your creative hat on and make your one-of-a-kind Nengajyo for the New Year!
Three lucky winners will be selected at random to receive some fun prizes courtesy of the OJCC!
Start date: November 24th, 2023
Closing date: December 22nd, 2023
Join the contest in 4 easy steps:
1. Download either of our two templates:
A. Year of the Dragon
B. Mochi pounding
Get them in-person at the OJCC booth at the OJCA-OJCC Mochitsuki: Sunday, December 10 (noon – 4 p.m.)
2. Colour, colour, colour
3. Take a picture of it!
4. Upload your colored Nengajyo on Facebook OJCA – OJCC or Instagram@ojca_ojcc with tag #ojcanengajyo
OR, send your submission to us via email: communications@OJCA.ca
OR, submit at the OJCA-OJCC Mochitsuki: Sunday, December 10th (noon – 4 pm)
Open to kids 12 and under
Have fun colouring!